If you have been praying and God has not been answering your prayers, I want to tell you why. There are six reasons for this.
- You pray for things that are not in God’s plan for you. Take for example, praying for an easy life. Why should you be asking God for an easy life? An easy life is not what is in God’s plan for you or for any other human being. From the very beginning, God made it clear to us: “You will have to work hard and sweat to make the soil produce anything , until you go back to the soil from which you were formed” (Gen. 3:19). Why would God go against his own word and give you an easy life? Instead of praying for an easy life, you should pray for strong shoulders to shoulder the burdens of life however heavy they may be.
- You are not serious with your prayer. If you pray but are not serious with your prayer God will not pay any attention to you. God does not like anyone who kids around with prayer. You have to be serious when you pray. Do not pray as if you were creating a joke or doing something you want to hurriedly finish with in order to get off to some more important thing. God will not take you serious.
- You doubt your prayer. You don’t believe that God will answer your prayer. This is the case when you are praying for one thing but preparing for the direct opposite of what you are praying for. Take for instance, praying for sunshine when you are going out of your home but taking an umbrella.It means you do not believe your prayer will be answered. Either you doubt God or you doubt the efficacy of your prayer. God does not like when we pray and doubt. Doubt kills the power of prayer to bring home results. God wants you to believe when you pray. He wants you to have faith in Him and in your prayer: “when you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for” (Mark 11:24).You find the same teaching in Mathew: “If you believe, you will receive that which you pray for” (Mt.21:22). Therefore do not doubt when you pray. In your prayer, say exactly what you mean and mean exactly what you say.
- You are asking for things that are not realistic. Some people ask God for things that are not realistic and expect Him to grant their request. This is not serious.Do not pray for what you know you are incapable of getting. For instance, you cannot be praying to be the President of the United States when you know that the Constitution of the United States makes it impossible for you to achieve such an ambition. It is like a man praying to be pregnant.This is unrealistic and God will never answer such a prayer. Prayer for things that are realistic; things that are possible
- You may be asking for things that are not necessary. Why do you want God to give you things that are not necessary? Is it necessary to become excessively rich? Can you not live a good, happy life without becoming excessively rich? Excessive riches are unnecessary and God will not grant you such a wish if you turn to him for it in prayer. Pray for what you need; for what is important; not what is not necessary.
- You may be praying for what you are not willing to work for. God will not give you what you are not willing to work for.God no longer sends down manna from heaven. If you pray for anything He grants it to you but you must get up from your seat and go get it. If you pray and sit and wait for what you have prayed for to come and meet you where you are, it may never come.
These are six the good reasons your prayer may go unanswered and you may be worried or think that God has abandoned you. God does not abandon anybody. If you pray for the right thing, with the right faith, in the way that God wants you to pray, He will answer your prayer. It is the same like following a recipe. If you follow a recipe well, you will cook a delicious meal. If you mix things up, of course, your meal will not be delicious. Follow the recipe given by God for prayer which has been clearly laid out here, and your prayers will always be answered
This is a discussion. You may have some other reasons God may not answer someone’s prayer. You are free to bring them to the discussion table. Visit the comment box. thank you.