Every year on 18 July (the day Nelson Mandela was born) the United Nations asks individuals around the world to mark this day as the Nelson Mandela International Day.
For 67 years Nelson Mandela devoted his life to the service of humanity — as a human rights lawyer, a prisoner of conscience, an international peacemaker and the first democratically elected president of a free South Africa.
Source: Nelson Mandela International Day by UN A/RES/64/13
Nelson Mandela Inspirational Quotes
Reflecting on his life, I believe that everyone has the ability and the responsibility to change the world for the better. Today is a great opportunity to take action and inspire change. Honouring Nelson Mandela, here are 25 Inspirational Quotes from himself that will guarantee a change in your life.
Quotes on Success and Perseverance
Nelson Mandela as the man of change and inspiration, he shares these:
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- There is no passion in playing small – settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
- It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.
Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- Difficulties break some men but make others.
- Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I feel down and got back up again…