As a Woman, we are very emotional – we tend to over-react to many situations; our daily routine is so tedious which stresses us physically and mentally and We die everyday; Many a times we believe its our responsibility / our fault ; we try to overcome it and we just comfort ourselves “Everything will be fine” !! A Woman loves her family, is over-protective about her children, feels guilty when not able to give enough time to them and then over-pampers them in order to compensate.
Sometimes you have to Stop Worrying, Wondering and Doubting… Have Faith that Things will work out, maybe not how you Planned, But Just how it is Meant to be…
Like all the problems in women’s like starts with Men…. “For instance MENstruation, MENtal breakdown, MENopause….. Wow I never thought of that”
Our wardrobes are full of clothes and shoes but there is nothing appropriate to wear according to the function or holiday trip – so shopping is compulsory.
Excerpts from “Woman everything will be fine” written by Rashmi Trivedi…
Sometimes in the dark of the night; I visit my conscience to see if it is still breathing; For its dying a slow death; Every day….
- When I pay for food at a fancy place – An amount which is perhaps the monthly income Of the guard who holds the door open And quickly I shrug away that thought.. It dies a little
- When I buy vegetables from the vendor and his child smilingly weighs the potatoes; a small child, who should be studying at school in this age; I just look the other way.. It dies a little.
- When I am decked up in a designer dress – A dress that cost a bomb; And I see a woman at the crossing In tatters, trying unsuccessfully to save her dignity ; And I immediately roll up my car window… It dies a little
- When at Christmas I buy expensive gifts for my children; On return, I see half clad children With empty stomach and hungry eyes Selling Santa caps at red light ; I try to salve my conscience by buying some, yet …. It dies a little
- When my sick maid sends her daughter to work Making her bunk school ; I know I should tell her to go back But I look at the loaded sink and dirty dishes ; And I tell myself that is just for a couple of days…. It dies a little
- When I give my son the freedom To come home late from a party And yet when my daughter asks I tell her it is not safe ; I raise my voice when she questions – why ? …. It dies a little
- When I hear about a rape or a murder of a child, I feel sad, yet a little thankful that it’s not my child; I can not look at myself in the mirror…. It dies a little
- When people fight over caste creed and religion; I feel hurt and helpless; I tell myself that my country is going to the dogs; I blame the corrupt politicians ; Absolving myself of all responsibilities …. It dies a little
- When my city is choked; Breathing is dangerous in the smog ridden Delhi; I still take my car to work daily – Not taking the metro,not trying car pool , One car won’t make a difference, I think …. It dies a little
So when in the dark of the night, I visit my conscience And find it still breathing –I am surprised …. for, with my own hands – Daily, bit by bit, I bury it…..