Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being which can be defined by, among others, positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
PERMA summarizes five factors correlated with well-being
- Pleasure (tasty food, warm baths, etc.),
- Engagement (or flow, the absorption of an enjoyed yet challenging activity),
- Relationships (social ties have turned out to be extremely reliable indicator of happiness),
- Meaning (a perceived quest or belonging to something bigger), and
- Accomplishments (having realized tangible goals).
Happiness can be divided into three categories:
1. Physical happiness;
2. Mental happiness;
3. Spiritual happiness.
These are brief summary of steps to take for achieving these in our lives:
For Physical Happiness:
a. Regular and proper DIET.
b. Regular and proper REST.
c. Regular and proper EXERCISE.
For Mental Happiness:
a. Minimize Expectations.
b. Minimize Ego & Pride.
c. Minimize Negative Thoughts.
For Spiritual Happiness:
a. Recognize your SOUL as a separate entity from the body.
b. Do not live in the PAST.
Free yourself of past memories and experiences.
Do not worry about the FUTURE But, plan for IT.
Free yourself in PRESENT of any attachments and hatred
c. Help all living beings without any expectations.
d. Meditate regularly and surrender to the Supreme Soul.
BE HAPPY ALWAYS