Hi Dear Bloggers,
So, I received an email from Prerana from the “Inside Travellers Shoes,” where she nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Thank you Prerana! I feel honoured to be nominated by you for this award. It really does feel good to be recognised. Do check out her amazing weblog where she shares her view on life, people, places, travelling and everything in between.
What Is The Liebster Award?
In short, it´s like a chain mail where bloggers nominate fellow bloggers. The Liebster Award provides both new and experienced bloggers with the opportunity of being discovered. In addition, this award aims to support bloggers and connect with the blogger community.
And yes, as you may have guessed, there are rules and challenges included. So, let’s get to it!
Here Are The Rules Of The Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- For the Liebster Award 2018, write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or The Global Aussie.
- Create new questions for your nominees to answer.
What Makes Me Passionate About Blogging
We all have a personal life, and that comes with ups and downs, some expected and some unexpected.
When I blog, during my ups, it’s just fun to be a part of the blogging community and to interact with bloggers. It´s also about being able to help other bloggers when they face adversities, which I gain a lot of positive energy from to help me write even more.
However, during my downs, it helps me clear my mind and put things in perspective. Sometimes, I have this thought that something I want to do is right, but a thought is just that – a thought. Once I put it out there, on paper or whatever, it helps put everything into a relatable context and give me even more reason to take actions.
What I´m really passionate about is to positively influence people who find themselves in a tough transition in their lives through content published on this website. I want this website to be our go-to place when we stand face-to-face with adversity – where we openly share the changes we have been through and going through. At the moment, blogging is my preferred tool to make this happen.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I don’t like sweets; I prefer something bitter. I think my taste buds just change as I grow older.
- I prefer coffee over tea.
- I’m a cat person, but I’m allergic to cats. I haven’t always liked cats but my girlfriend made me change my mind.
- I’m a bit obsessed with cleanliness. I can’t stand living or working in a place where it’s not clean or organised.
- I don’t celebrate my birthday. I just don’t like to have all the attention on me. If it’s just a normal day where friend and family gather, I would be totally fine with it.
- I’m the worst drinker you will ever meet. Yes, I’m that typical Chinese who can’t drink.
- I think making eye-contact is awkward.
- I hate bullying. I was bullied for a few years and I know how shitty that feels.
- I don’t like when pictures are taken of me. I don’t like too much attention.
- I have a big scar on my left upper arm. Something went wrong when I got a flu shot and my upper arm got infected.
Bloggers I Nominate
- Disha at Disha Discovers – Disha provide travel tips and destination ideas for fellow adventure seekers.
- Stace at Full-Time Wanderers – Stace will show you the secret to how you can travel on any budget.
- Donna at The Upward Blip – Donna is dedicated to delivering high-quality baby bandana bibs.
- Kyle at Kyle Colman – Kyle writes about personal finance, business, relationships, and forming good habits.
- Dani at This Village Girl – Dani’s weblog is a collection of her personal struggles, misadventures, heartaches, random thoughts, hopes and dreams as she embarks on this journey she chose.
- John at Business and Life Tips – A website for sharing information on social media marketing & optimization, personal finance, business start-ups, blogging, entrepreneurship, personal development and also offer tips to WordPress users, especially the beginners.
- Breeta at A Voice – A personal weblog on understanding this world around and all its complexities through personal experiences of family, career, mental health, society, economy and the cultural world.
Questions Prepared For Me
- How has blogging helped you evolve as a person? It’s similar to what I mentioned above at the “What Makes Me Passionate About Blogging:” It helps me clear my mind and put things in perspective. Sometimes, I have this thought that something I want to do is right, but a thought is just that – a thought. Once I put it out there, on paper or whatever, it helps put everything into a relatable context and give me even more reason to take actions.
- What is your fondest memory from childhood? I don’t have a specific fondest memory. It’s more a collection of small things and moments, such as having dinner, running around, playing games at my childhood friend’s place, collecting Pokémon cards, watching cartoons, and so on.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Honestly, I wouldn’t change anything.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? If superpowers are included, then it would be to time travel. The idea of being able to travel through time just excites me.
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? If you would ask me like five years ago, I would answer to live my life more happily on my own terms and not on my family’s or peers’. Now, I wouldn’t change anything.
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? That would be the decision I made to live my own life on my own terms, without the opinion from family or peers and be comfortable with it.
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? I have stepped away from perfectionism, but a great day, however, would be when I can do my morning routine which is to wake up at 7:30 AM and hit the gym for an hour. Afterwards, have a big breakfast, check my emails, and head out to the office by 10 AM.
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? No, I don’t. If it’s an important call, I do make an outline about the topics. I feel much more comfortable when I have a spontaneous phone call instead of a rehearsed one. The difference in quality is clear as well.
- What do you value most in a friendship? I don’t have a specific word for it. It’s the kind of friendship that lasts through time. There have been times where I haven’t talked or seen my friends for a long time (months), but when we do talk or see each other, we simply pick up where we left off as if time itself stood still. It’s the timeless and unconditional kind of friendship that I value the most.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? That my previous start-up failed. It was really eye-opening how much that had pushed me towards my passion for writing and blogging.
New Questions For The Nominees To Tackle
- What does success mean to you?
- What was the best phase of your life?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What’s an ideal morning for you?
- What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
- Where is your favourite place in the entire (fantasy) world to go?
- What are your top five favourite movies?
- What’s something you can’t go a day without doing?
- If you could get away with anything that you do?
- What fictional character do you most relate to?
- What is your favourite day of the year?
Best of luck to all the nominees on answering these questions! I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
Originally published at ye-chen.com.
Freelancer // Blogger // Life & Change Enthusiast.