Dearest friend, if you are married, this post is specifically for you. However, if you are not married, don’t stop reading. It will still be very useful to you on two counts:
- It will help you tomorrow if you become married.
- You can use it to help someone who is married and whose marriage has lost steam.
We are talking here about rekindling steam in your marriage; reigniting romance in your marriage; refueling the fire of love to keep burning in your marriage. I have two questions for you:
- How hot is the fire of love in your relationship?
- At this moment, are you stronger or weaker in your marital love?
Marriage is a relationship. Every relationship has its ups and downs, agreements and disagreements, good days and bad days.
When two people from different backgrounds come together as husband and wife, no one can expect them to have the same ideas, the same feelings and the same expectations. Don’t expect them to think and act the same way. There will always be differences.
Some differences may affect your marriage in a big way. Others may affect it in a small way.
Some marriages have big problems which are hard to solve. Others have small problems which may just make the marriage stale or no longer interesting. In which case, the excitement in it has burnt out.
Perhaps, the excitement that was very strong in your marriage at the start has disappeared or has faded.
If that is the case, you have to bring it back. If you are no longer having the fun that you used to have, bring it back. Your marriage needs fun. In fact, your marriage should be fun. Marriage is meant to be fun; to be enjoyed.
Marriage is not supposed to bring you misery; to make you unhappy. You got married to be happy.
However, don’t expect happiness to come on its own just because you are married. It will not come unless you work for it. Here are a few realities about marriage to take note of:
- You have to work every day for happiness to be in your marriage.
- It’s the same like you have to work everyday to succeed in your marriage.
- If you stop working for success, success will turn its back on you and failure will invade you.
- If you stop working for happiness in your marriage, happiness will turn its back on you and sadness will take over control.
- In life, success and happiness behave like a woman.
- You have to woo a woman before you win her.
- You must woo success and happiness, and actually run after it before you get it.
- Failure, on the other hand, doesn’t wait to be invited. It comes on its own except you stop it with firmness.
If the thrill that you had in you marriage just when you got married has disappeared, make sure you bring it back.
In the next series of posts on marriage, I would like that together we see how we can rekindle romance in our marriage. How can we bring back that original joy that we had? How can we make our love burn again like fire?
Join me in the next posts on marriage. And if you like what you read here, do well to share the link. Thanks!