“If your desire for something is strong enough, you will find a way to do it; or get it. There will be no room for excuses. Excuses only come when you don’t have enough passion for what you want.” (Romilia Quotes)
How are you all doing? As usual, I am doing good. I am enjoying the change of season here.
I love the winters here as the weather is good and we get to explore all the places. There are countries that slow down during winters because of the cold weather but this country is the most active during the winters. There are people enjoying long walks and cycling, all around.
Anyways, something happened recently that changed my outlook towards my blog. During one of my conversations with my husband, he had told me how much he had loved cycling during his school and college days and the places he had gone cycling. But after he had come here, he had stopped cycling.
One day my husband took me shopping. I had no idea what it was all about until we reached a cycle shop. We went inside and my husband started looking for a cycle. I asked him was he serious about buying a cycle and he said yes. This was not something that he had been thinking for a while because otherwise, I would have known. That day itself we visited a few shops and bought a cycle.
Once the cycle was bought, the shop guy started getting it ready with seat, lights, bell, and helmet, that is when I realized how much my husband loved a cycle. He was so carefully selecting everything to match his cycle. He was also observing how everything was being done. I felt happy about the whole thing.
After that, he regularly started cycling which was good because it was a good exercise. A few days back, we went to another shop for some other purchase and there he found a bell that matched his cycle. His cycle already had a bell so I asked him why he wanted to buy another one to which he replied that the new one matched his cycle color.
I can see so much passion in his eyes for his cycle. He takes care of it really well. The cycle is his baby now. The best part about the cycle is that he loves to cycle which motivates him to exercise regularly.
From this one experience, I learned to be passionate about my blog. My blog is my baby, my creation. I created it as a hobby to share my knowledge and experience so that it may help somebody in need. I don’t earn anything from it, but that doesn’t make it less important.
Just as cycling is a passion for my husband which also helps him to exercise and stay healthy, my blog is my passion which helps me think better, write better and be of help to others.
When I realised this, I stopped feeling guilty about spending time on my blog and began to give it a lot of importance.
Blog and cycle are just two examples. There are so many things that we possess, hobbies that we pursue and things that we learn not for the sake of making money but merely out of interest. We shouldn’t feel guilty about them. Not everything is about making money. Yes, if you make money it’s good but that’s it.
Being passionate about something doesn’t mean you have to earn money from it. Both are two different things. It is important to understand this to be able to pursue things that interest us just for the sake of our interest.
When we pursue an interest just as a hobby it helps us relax and this in turn helps us build our skills and get better at it. We also know what we are good at and what interests us.
It is important to do certain things like buying a house, learn new things like pursuing a hobby, build meaningful relationships, keep in touch with people with the intention of enjoying them. Not everything should be about money or building business (this is not for people who pursue business but it is for people who stop pursuing their interest because they think that they should earn from it). It is only then that we will be able to enjoy our interests without worrying about making money.
I enjoy writing on my blog. This year onwards, I started working more seriously on growing my blog content-wise and building new relationships. I feel so good to be able to share my thoughts with you all and also read some good writings of my fellow bloggers. I feel good to be able to build a good community of like-minded people.
The blog made me realise my interest in writing and helped me make new friends. So now I enjoy learning about different forms of writing and also how to blog better.
Just like my blog and writing, there are other interests that I would like to pursue just for the fun of it. Just for myself.
What do you think? Have you felt relaxed while pursuing an interest just to enjoy it?
P.s. image taken from www.123RF.com
Hi Dear Bloggers,
So, I received an email from Prerana from the “Inside Travellers Shoes,” where she nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Thank you Prerana! I feel honoured to be nominated by you for this award. It really does feel good to be recognised. Do check out her amazing weblog where she shares her view on life, people, places, travelling and everything in between.
What Is The Liebster Award?
In short, it´s like a chain mail where bloggers nominate fellow bloggers. The Liebster Award provides both new and experienced bloggers with the opportunity of being discovered. In addition, this award aims to support bloggers and connect with the blogger community.
And yes, as you may have guessed, there are rules and challenges included. So, let’s get to it!
Here Are The Rules Of The Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- For the Liebster Award 2018, write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or The Global Aussie.
- Create new questions for your nominees to answer.
What Makes Me Passionate About Blogging
We all have a personal life, and that comes with ups and downs, some expected and some unexpected.
When I blog, during my ups, it’s just fun to be a part of the blogging community and to interact with bloggers. It´s also about being able to help other bloggers when they face adversities, which I gain a lot of positive energy from to help me write even more.
However, during my downs, it helps me clear my mind and put things in perspective. Sometimes, I have this thought that something I want to do is right, but a thought is just that – a thought. Once I put it out there, on paper or whatever, it helps put everything into a relatable context and give me even more reason to take actions.
What I´m really passionate about is to positively influence people who find themselves in a tough transition in their lives through content published on this website. I want this website to be our go-to place when we stand face-to-face with adversity – where we openly share the changes we have been through and going through. At the moment, blogging is my preferred tool to make this happen.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I don’t like sweets; I prefer something bitter. I think my taste buds just change as I grow older.
- I prefer coffee over tea.
- I’m a cat person, but I’m allergic to cats. I haven’t always liked cats but my girlfriend made me change my mind.
- I’m a bit obsessed with cleanliness. I can’t stand living or working in a place where it’s not clean or organised.
- I don’t celebrate my birthday. I just don’t like to have all the attention on me. If it’s just a normal day where friend and family gather, I would be totally fine with it.
- I’m the worst drinker you will ever meet. Yes, I’m that typical Chinese who can’t drink.
- I think making eye-contact is awkward.
- I hate bullying. I was bullied for a few years and I know how shitty that feels.
- I don’t like when pictures are taken of me. I don’t like too much attention.
- I have a big scar on my left upper arm. Something went wrong when I got a flu shot and my upper arm got infected.
Bloggers I Nominate
- Disha at Disha Discovers – Disha provide travel tips and destination ideas for fellow adventure seekers.
- Stace at Full-Time Wanderers – Stace will show you the secret to how you can travel on any budget.
- Donna at The Upward Blip – Donna is dedicated to delivering high-quality baby bandana bibs.
- Kyle at Kyle Colman – Kyle writes about personal finance, business, relationships, and forming good habits.
- Dani at This Village Girl – Dani’s weblog is a collection of her personal struggles, misadventures, heartaches, random thoughts, hopes and dreams as she embarks on this journey she chose.
- John at Business and Life Tips – A website for sharing information on social media marketing & optimization, personal finance, business start-ups, blogging, entrepreneurship, personal development and also offer tips to WordPress users, especially the beginners.
- Breeta at A Voice – A personal weblog on understanding this world around and all its complexities through personal experiences of family, career, mental health, society, economy and the cultural world.
Questions Prepared For Me
- How has blogging helped you evolve as a person? It’s similar to what I mentioned above at the “What Makes Me Passionate About Blogging:” It helps me clear my mind and put things in perspective. Sometimes, I have this thought that something I want to do is right, but a thought is just that – a thought. Once I put it out there, on paper or whatever, it helps put everything into a relatable context and give me even more reason to take actions.
- What is your fondest memory from childhood? I don’t have a specific fondest memory. It’s more a collection of small things and moments, such as having dinner, running around, playing games at my childhood friend’s place, collecting Pokémon cards, watching cartoons, and so on.
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Honestly, I wouldn’t change anything.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? If superpowers are included, then it would be to time travel. The idea of being able to travel through time just excites me.
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? If you would ask me like five years ago, I would answer to live my life more happily on my own terms and not on my family’s or peers’. Now, I wouldn’t change anything.
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? That would be the decision I made to live my own life on my own terms, without the opinion from family or peers and be comfortable with it.
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? I have stepped away from perfectionism, but a great day, however, would be when I can do my morning routine which is to wake up at 7:30 AM and hit the gym for an hour. Afterwards, have a big breakfast, check my emails, and head out to the office by 10 AM.
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? No, I don’t. If it’s an important call, I do make an outline about the topics. I feel much more comfortable when I have a spontaneous phone call instead of a rehearsed one. The difference in quality is clear as well.
- What do you value most in a friendship? I don’t have a specific word for it. It’s the kind of friendship that lasts through time. There have been times where I haven’t talked or seen my friends for a long time (months), but when we do talk or see each other, we simply pick up where we left off as if time itself stood still. It’s the timeless and unconditional kind of friendship that I value the most.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? That my previous start-up failed. It was really eye-opening how much that had pushed me towards my passion for writing and blogging.
New Questions For The Nominees To Tackle
- What does success mean to you?
- What was the best phase of your life?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What’s an ideal morning for you?
- What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
- Where is your favourite place in the entire (fantasy) world to go?
- What are your top five favourite movies?
- What’s something you can’t go a day without doing?
- If you could get away with anything that you do?
- What fictional character do you most relate to?
- What is your favourite day of the year?
Best of luck to all the nominees on answering these questions! I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
Originally published at ye-chen.com.
Put your heart
In what you do;
Put all your heart
When you put
All your heart in it,
God comes in
And gives you
Comes your success;
Even outstanding success;
I do advise then,
Which is also
Whatever you do,
Commitment is the thing;
Put your heart in it.
God will come in
And lend you a hand.
And you will smile broadly
As success will
Smile also at you.
Do you know some best friends
Who have become the worst enemies?
And do you know how it happened?
They opened the door of their
Hearts, leading to their relationship;
And allowed the devil to come in;
He came in and took full control;
With his powerful weapons of desire,
Greed, lust, passion and temptation;
He pulled them down;
They could not withstand his force;
So headlong they crashed landed;
Today, they are not best friends
But worst enemies.
You have to guard your heart;
Lock the door and safely keep the keys;
The devil is always at work;
Searching for good to turn to bad;
Looking for light to transform
Hunting for best friends to make enemies;
That is how those best friends
Became the worst enemies.
We are passionate about helping people bring out the best in them;
We are passionate about helping people be at their best;
What we enjoy most is inspiring, motivating
And encouraging people to bring out the best in themselves;
To make people excel is at the center of our thinking and activities;
We go to bed thinking of how to get somebody out there to became a winner; a champion; an achiever.
Do you now why we do this?
This is the way we think we can build an excellent world;
Our dream is an excellent world for all;
We believe that the world can be an excellent place for all of us to enjoy;
And that we can get it only by helping the people of the world to bring out the best in them;
If you bring out the best in you, you will give the best of yourself to the world;
And the best you can do for the world is to give it your best.
If we were each bringing out the best in us and giving it to the world, imagine what an excellent place the world would be!
If we want the world to be an excellent place for all, let us spend good time helping people to be at their best, so they can in turn give their best to the world.
Have no illusions. We are not going to succeed tomorrow. We are sowing a seed – helping people bring out the best in them.
Inspire, motivate, encourage, teach people to bring out the best in them and offer their best to the world, eventually, the world will become an excellent place for all.
“In every venture, passion is a determining factor. You can only go as far as your passion for it will take you. You never go beyond your passion in any endeavor.” (Romilia Quotes)
“If your journey to success gives you plenty of joy as it is the case with me, if you look forward to every step of it, it means you have the passion that enables people to do marvels. Nothing stops anyone who over flows with passion for a thing. Such a person will always find a way to clear the obstacles on the way to get to the winning point.” (Romilia Quotes)
I am privileged to be a new part of the SIWO family. I would like to begin by telling all a bit about myself and my writing. I reside in a small abode in the small town of Beatrice, Nebraska, U.S.A. I consider myself a Christian, Husband, and Father, in that order.
I became a born-again Christian in 1975 while serving in the United States Army at Ft. Hood, Texas. I was saved through reading the gospels one evening after leaving a party intoxicated at the age of 19. By the time I got through John, I came to the LORD Jesus in prayer and He came into my life.
Since then I have walked a road not as straight as it should have been, but Jesus has walked with me always.
I have been husband to by bride Linda since July 14, 1984. For 34 years she has been my steadfast, supporting and loving companion. I am forever thankful to the LORD for her.
She is a true gift from God to me. She has always been willing to follow wherever God has led us. She has given me the best example of a true prayer warrior I have ever known.
I have the treasure of two adult children, Thomas and Rebecca. They are both close in proximity and more importantly to our hearts.
The experience of fatherhood has been the blessing and trial of my life. I think that parenthood has given me a better perspective on God as the Father, and I am grateful for His gifts and love and help along the path of fatherhood.
I first followed a definite calling from God in 1989. I pursued that calling to minister as a pastor first to seminary. I graduated in 1993 with a Master of Divinity degree in Biblical Interpretation and Theology.
I entered the pastorate in the very tiny town of Raritan, Illinois at Raritan Baptist Church. It was a hamlet of just 157 people. After four years there, I was called to First Baptist Church in Beatrice, Nebraska.
After 20 years in the pulpit with two churches in Nebraska, I retired almost two years ago to follow my current calling as a writer.
Along the way, I also became a direct support caregiver for mentally and physically disabled adults. I have worked there for the past 12 years. This is another occupation where I can minister to others even as they do to me.
Writing is my passion and current calling from God. My desire is to bring the truth of God’s Word to the news and issues of the day. My website where I publish is tiljournalism.com and the publication is the TIL Journal.
TIL stands for “truth in love.” The words are taken from the New Testament.
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ… Ephesians 4:15 [ESV]
I model my efforts after the admonition of 20th Century Theologian Karl Barth.
“Take your Bible and take your newspaper, and read both. But interpret newspapers from your Bible.”
These days, “newspapers” publish in multiple forms and the online platform is the fastest growing of them all. I hope to inspire and instruct others in the art and science of interpreting the news from the Bible.
Things to Come
The avenue of writing is not limited to my posts and articles. I am continuing work on a fiction piece which is turning into a novel. The LORD has impressed this work on my heart as well.
I have and will continue to compose other works as the LORD leads in areas such as poetry, devotions and perhaps Biblical quips and studies in the future. I hope to be a worthy contributor to the SIWO family for the future. I pray for many blessings to all of you from the LORD as He leads us all.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, Crossway Bibles 2001
Inset Image 1 courtesy of Thomas Hawk’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inset Image 2 courtesy of Michael Kirwin’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inset Image 3 courtesy of Gilles Guerraz’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inset Image 4 courtesy of Ulrich Berens’ Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
All other sources linked or cited in the text.
“Passion is put in the human heart by God. Ambition is put in the human heart by God. They are essentially good. What we do with them determines whether they will continue to be Good or become bad.” Romilia Quotes